Etiquette During Roulette Play
Roulette players are expected to behave in a certain way just like any other casino games run by a dealer (both in offline as well as online roulette). These etiquettes are not enforced for some silly gimmick, but to prevent cheating as well as ensure that everything runs smoothly in the casino. Here are some common Roulette play etiquettes that need to be followed in regular casinos as well as in top mobile casinos to prevent embarrassing situations.
- While entering the casino, a legal document needs to be shown to prove that you are 18 years old. Before getting to the roulette play table, put your smartphones in the cloakroom.
- You need to talk with the dealer politely in an roulette. Tip the dealer. It is considered as a good Roulette Play etiquette. If the dealer helps you in explaining certain rules or helps you in moving certain chips across the table, it is considered a good practice to tip the dealer. You should remember that all the money you make in a casino do not go to the dealer, so tip the dealer to maintain a good decorum. Unlike offline Roulette, these etiquettes are not required in online Roulette as the game is mostly handled by a software.
- When the dealer calls off the bets and spins the ball, keep your hands to yourself. It is not a good etiquette to touch the chips when the ball is spinning.
- When the dealer says no more bets, it is the final calling.
- During the roulette game, every player is given their own colour of chips. Do not mix the chips with the other player’s chips. The different colours are present to aid the dealer in understanding who has placed what bets. To avoid any issues, keep your chips to yourself and make your own bets.
- Gambling and drinking are interrelated in casinos. Except the casino personnel, you will find most of the people in a casino drinking. It is better to spend judiciously on drinking while playing roulette or other casino games as drinking usually impairs your judgement capabilities. No casino has ever thrown out a drunkard who kept losing money, so it’s up to you to drink responsibly and behave accordingly at the table.
- You need to keep your excitement to a minimum. After winning, do not make yourself the centre of attraction or shout at other people’s ears. Maintain your own space and do not do anything that make other people uncomfortable.
- If you lose a bet, do not take your frustration on the croupier. He or she has nothing to do with luck. If you think he has done any mistake, tell that to him politely. Most of the time, camera surveillance is present in the casino to prevent misunderstandings. It will resolve your matters faster, rather than shouting and creating a scene at the table.
- After the dealer signals to place the bets after the payouts are given, the players are given approximately 60 seconds to place their bets in a roulette. When the dealer signals not to pace anymore bets, it is not a good etiquette to touch the markers or the chips after that. It can be considered as cheating and you could be thrown out of the casino.
If you follow these simple etiquettes by being sensitive towards people’s needs, you won’t have to worry about offending anyone. Most of the casinos offer a wide variety of payment methods. Play the game sincerely and leave the casino happily. It takes only a little amount of knowledge paired with some courtesy to learn the game etiquettes. In other people’s physical presence in the game, these etiquettes will surely help you to enhance your social interaction during the course of the game.
SummaryName: Etiquette During Roulette Play
Author: Stephanie Regan
Published Date: 25/01/2019